Monday, August 26, 2013
*Warning* Slightly weird post that doesnt make a whole lot of sense, but I feel very strongly even though it is pretty questionable about what it all really means to most people.
There will always be dark times in everyone's life. They are the times that challenge the strength of our body, mind and spirit. Going through the darkness is gut wrenching and it will almost always break you, but when you emerge you will go into the bright light and you will be stronger than ever before. I've never been a big believer in religion and I felt like many people needed it because it was a comfort to them, and I felt like those who had it were weaker because they needed to know that someone else was taking care of them. My views on this have changed so much over that last few years and more so this year than any other time of my life. I look to religion now as your strength. The people that believe are not weak, they are strong. They stand up for what they believe and they gather strength through their lives so that one day they can be that strength for someone else. We are all fighters, that's why we chose to come here, to prove ourselves worthy to be in the presence of our heavenly father. To learn to be more like him, to fight when our ethics or morals are being challenged, learn how to be humble and how to be an example for those around us, smile when the heavens have opened our hearts to the light and the warmth of the world, cry when we are at our weakest so that we can build strength and cry when we are so uplifted that we are brought to our knees. I know that all of us have been dealt our hands, and some will have more difficult challenges than others, but it is not the challenges that make us worthy, it's what we learn and how we apply it to our lives. I'm so thankful for my life...every part of it. I've known heartache and pain, sometimes being so down i didn't think i would ever get back up, but every time i found strength when i thought there was none to have. I've found unconditional love with my family and my husband. I'm so thankful for every bad and good decision that I have made, because i know it was part of my plan and part of my learning. My spirit was not one that could be handed something, my spirit had to question and argue, and fight against everything until it could realize what it all means so that it would actually mean something to me. And now that I know, I never want to let it go. I know who I am, and i know who i will be. My husband makes me be a better person and without him I don't think I would have ever figured out who i really am. This probably all just sounds like a bunch of random craziness which believe me, it feels like it to me too.....Basically what i'm trying to say is.....after years of searching in the dark...I've emerged into light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like the "dummy" book is working for you! ;) Love you, glad you're a part of my family.
I love random ramblings that aren't so random! When we've known darkness, it makes the light that much brighter. :)
I didn't realize you'd already posted so much on your blog. I really need to step it up on mine that I haven't updated in months.
Post a Comment