Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Just Breathe

Wow, I feel like there is so much going on and it's hard to breathe. Lets start with surgery recovery. I went into the doctor and found out that my knee is healing much faster than normal and my range of motion is fantastic. It's so good in fact that i will not have to do physical therapy. This makes it very nice for work, and I keep working on my excersises that i did for the last surgery. In a month i will go back in and find out if everything is still looking as awesome as it is now.

My dad finally got help for his drinking problem. It's something that all of us have worried about for years and it finally came to a head. I'm so thankful that my dad is getting help and hopefully i will have many more years with him and the best part of it is that it will be quality time.


Work has been.....crazy. There is so much change and movement going on at the credit union and i'm so thankful to belong to the organization. I put in for a promotion for a new branch that will be opening. I put in thinking that I would have no chance at all to get the position and although I still dont think i will get it, i know that i was in the top three with my market managers picks. This was a huge accomplishment for me and honestly made me feel so validated in my work. I give so much of myself to my branch and my employees and sometime i worry that it's still not enough, getting told that im qualified against people that have been in management for years is just an amazing feeling. My lead teller got picked up as an asst. manager so now i'm forced to hire a new supervisor for my branch. It's so hard to say goodbye to people that i love and it's hard to try and think of my branch without such an amazing person and teammate. BUT it's also amazing to see people grow and develop into their own leaders.

Europe!!! My sister moved to prague last month and although we have talked about going to Europe for years, her being over there is finally what made us realize this is do-able. We are planning on going next September for three weeks. My sister is not sure if she will still be over there or not, but even if she comes home Adam has promised me that we will go. We both hope that she will be able to come with us even if she does not live over there anymore. Planning a trip to Europe is like a marathon of vacation planning. Adam and I both have our ideas of what we will do so we have kinda put stuff together. So far we know that we are going to fly into Dubin, then we will go to Edinburgh, Scotland-then on to london, England-Paris, France- Venice and Rome, Italy. I've always had dreams about Europe, but since i've been reading so much and planning some things the dreams wont stop. I had a dream the other night that I saw the Eiffel tower for the first time and it was so real that I woke up with tears in my eyes. It's crazy how emotional it makes me but it's one of those life dreams that I had when I was little yet never thought i would be able to achieve it. It was the same feeling when i went to St. Lucia, I just couldnt believe that I was able to make a dream come true. Adam and I work together to make things happen. I think it's one of those things that I'm just so happy with the choices i have made in my life to get me here. Growing up I was very spoiled and when i moved out for the first time when i was a senior in high school i was just working to make ends meet. If i would have continued to live the life I had back then I would have never been able to own a home, or travel which is so sad because although money does not buy happiness and you can be sooo happy without these things, it's the fact that I can work hard for the things i want and it amazes me what Adam and I can do together when we put our minds to it. I'm so thankful that Adam is having us take time for ourselves before we have children. It's so hard sometimes but I love that by the time we have our kids we will have accomplished all of our goals. We will always have new dreams and new goals to accomplish but I love that we work together to make it happen.

I start school this week, i'm nervous because it's math 1090 , but excited because this will be my last college math class that i will need to take. I have seven classes left after this one and I want to quit soo bad but now i'm so close and have invested so much of our money that I just need to push through. We have paid cash for all of my school so sometimes i can only take one class at a time but i'm so thankful that i dont have to pay back any student loans.


No comments: