Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Four Year Anniversary

When I woke up this morning I was a little sad because it was my first day that I had to go back to work after my surgery. I was really nervous and woke up early knowing that it would take me longer than normal to get back into my routine (and knowing that i would be sitting hooked up to an ice machine while getting ready). I got up and thought, "how am I going to do this today. I'm tired even after taking a short shower, and its a chore to even walk down the stairs to get my pants from the laundry room." So I took baby steps. Baby steps to the bathroom, baby steps to the shower and so on. Then my hubby got up and asked me what I needed help with. He went and grabbed my ice machine, let the puppy out, and helped me get my hair products out so i wouldn't have to bend over. It made my morning that much easier and then he backed my car out so it would be easier for me to get in and he took the garbage down to the curb. As i drove to work i just thought, how did i get so lucky. I know women that complain non-stop about how their husbands don't notice them or they don't offer assistance, and yet I found someone who not only asks what will make my life easier, but he offers before I even ask. 
When I got to work I got settled in and started playing catch up before we got really bombarded with members, when I saw my little yellow flashing IM on my screen from Adam. He asked me if I knew what today was. The moment I read it i realized that today is our four year wedding anniversary. I told him that i knew and wondered if he had remembered this morning because i clearly spaced it. He said he didn't realize until he saw the date at work so we both laughed because both of us have always been bad at remembering our anniversary, but yet it doesn't bother us because truly Adam and I treat each other the same on our anniversary as we do any other day. This is a good thing for us because truly most days we cant wait to be together and we offer as much support and love to each other as we possibly can even on regular days. 
We decided that we would do dinner together since after all it is our anniversary and he was going to try and get off early. When I left work i went over to pick out a card for him...and if you cant read anniversary cards for your husband without crying....you might be a Taylor. There were so many cards that i picked up and wanted to bring home to him because they all had a special meaning to me, but i finally settled on one and put the other ten back and picked up Oblivion the movie thinking that it would be a special treat for him. The cards all had some awesome sentiments but I picked this one because it said a lot of beautiful things but the thing that got me was I was thankful for my dream coming true and i look forward to the dreams will create together. This really touched me but truly my husband is my dream come true, my wish upon my star, my glass slipper, my prince charming- he is all the things that i wanted most in this world that i never thought was possible in one human being. I'm thankful that i get to come home to him each night, fall asleep next to him, and wake up in his arms. 
 I know that one day our children will look at us and say, " I want to have what mom and dad have, and I want to marry my best friend". My children will feel the warmth of love in their family and have good role models to look to just as Adam and I have when we look to Mom and Dad Taylor. My mother in law came to visit me at work today and we talked about Adam and I and I started tearing up 1) because i am a Taylor and 2) hearing her say that we have a good life together and that we are both lucky could have brought me to my knees for that is by far the best compliment i could ever hope to receive. I know that four years is nothing close to a lifetime but I'm thankful for that too, it means that I learned quickly just how lucky I am and that means that I can only be better for my husband and my future family. All marriages will have the good and the bad, but I'm confident that because of our devotion to family we will weather all storms and overcome all challenges together to make our family stronger each day. I love you Adam Taylor and you have made me a better person that I ever thought I could be. 

No comments: