Sunday, September 29, 2013

September, September

What a crazy month, and it looks like it's only picking up for October. School has been really hectic and I've had my days of hair ripping out, attempted computer smashing, and calculator swearing. I had to buy a new calculator because the original one i bought  did do what i needed it to do (even though when i bought it, it said right on the package that it does) customer service had to explain that it didnt. I've done well on my first two tests, and then got a terrible grade on the one i just finished about five minutes ago. I'm not too upset since I understand what i missed and it was just some slight mistakes.

Work......Work is work. I love my job but some weeks just challenge me. I've had some recent issues happen in my office and i learned some things about a previous employee that really let me down. It all came to a head while i was at manager seminar and after the adrenaline wore off of fixing the problem i just really felt bad. I ended up calling my manager and breaking down and telling her i felt like a failure. I told her, " I feel like i'm a bad manager." She was so sweet and told me, that unfortunately my staff will at one point not be happy with me or even think they hate me, but as long as i'm doing what i am supposed to and making the right decisions for the branch and not for individuals than i will be fine. She also repeated over and over that i'm doing a great job and that she agreed with my decisions that i made and i also handled everything the way i should have. This was what i needed to hear after a truly awful day.


Adam's time off for Europe got approved so now i'm just waiting to book the tickets. I'm so excited but it looks like they wont have the tickets available until the end of October. Next Saturday is Adam's 27th birthday which is mind blowing to me. I'm now the age he was when we got married which doesnt seem possible how fast time flies. Jodi informed me that we only have 14 weeks until Christmas which also seems very soon. We are having fun with my niece and nephew and sister while they are living with us. We have all started playing canasta and play it pretty much anytime we are here and available. We have awesome tournaments and are now doing partner canasta. It's a lot of fun and keeps us from watching too much TV.

No comments: