Saturday, October 19, 2013

Living with Kids

OH BOY, what an experience. I love having my niece and my nephew living with us. There is never a dull moment and it keeps you on your game. Because you have two other people that need help with things it makes you keep all your ducks in a row so that you can help them when they need it. It makes me happy that we can help my sister because she is such a hard worker and has been picking up extra shifts so it's great that adam and i have the opportunity to help her with the kids. I love our talks on the way to school, and when i pick them up. it takes me back to middle school and high school. I love teaching Kolten how to cook (really he just watches) but at least he gets to see how to do things. They are both such smart kids and they have such different personalities, yet it's so easy to tell that they are brother and sister. Kolten has been having me help him with his math homework. (I know i'm terrible at math) but i'm currently in a 1090 math course at the college which is basically just six levels above him so i just take the stuff that I do understand (the building blocks) and i am able to help him. He was learning the first steps of finding slopes. it's usually when the teacher has you count on the graph rise over run. He was not understanding it, which funny enough i never got slopes when i had to count. i usually counted something wrong. so i gave him the slope formula to try out. He understood it and has been doing so well. It's something i have always worried about when i have my own kids. Would i be able to help them, and that experience was honestly one of the best moments in my life. being able to explain something and he understood it. Having the kids has made me excited about when adam and i will have our own. It also has made me less worried. I have gotten over scared feeling of being pregnant and having a baby, it had moved to: what if i screw this kid up and he never: is potty trained, reads, walks, writes, learns how to make good decisions. so even though it's kinda crazy, it's been one of the best experiences and it has shown me just how selfless my sister is for her kids, and how hard she works for them. I love all of them so much.

No comments: